Welcome to our collection of 360 slow cooker recipes. We understand that cooking can be a challenge, especially for busy individuals who don’t have the time to prepare meals. That’s why we’ve curated this list of easy-to-follow recipes that are perfect for slow cookers. With a slow cooker, you can simply set it and forget it, and come back to a delicious meal. We hope you enjoy these recipes and find them helpful in your cooking journey.
- Beef Stew
- Chicken Curry
- Vegetable Soup
- Pork Roast
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chili Con Carne
- Lamb Tagine
- Mac and Cheese
- Beef Bourguignon
- Potato Soup
- 1 lb. beef chuck, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Remove bay leaf and serve hot.
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of meat for the beef stew?
- A: Yes, you can use other types of meat such as lamb or pork.
- Q: Can I add other vegetables to the stew?
- A: Absolutely, you can add any vegetables you like such as mushrooms, peas, or corn.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Q: How can I thicken the stew?
- A: You can thicken the stew by adding a slurry of cornstarch and water to the mixture.
- Q: Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried. Just double the amount of herbs called for in the recipe.
- Q: Can I use a different type of broth?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of broth such as chicken or vegetable.
- Q: Can I use canned potatoes?
- A: Yes, you can use canned potatoes if you don’t have fresh ones.
- Q: How can I make the stew spicier?
- A: You can add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the stew.
If you want a thicker stew, you can add a slurry of cornstarch and water to the mixture. Just mix 1 tbsp. of cornstarch with 1 tbsp. of water and add it to the slow cooker. Stir and let it cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until the stew thickens.
If you’re short on time, you can use pre-cut vegetables to save time. Just make sure they’re roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
If you like your stew spicier, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the mixture. You can also add hot sauce to taste.