You can have this Beer Cheese Potato Soup with Sausage dinner on the table in about 45 minutes
Beer Cheese Potato Soup with Sausage
WHY YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE THIS BEER CHEESE SOUP:It’s stacked with REAL fixings. Which is the thing that makes it a most loved in our family unit. You won’t discover any consolidated soup or prepared Velveeta cheddar here!Lager + cheddar + potatoes + hotdog. It basically doesn’t beat this triumphant flavor blend!It’s brisk and simple which makes it an extraordinary weeknight supper! Cleaving veggies and earthy colored frankfurter is all that is required for prep which implies you can have this supper on the table in around 45 minutes.
- 8 oz spicy turkey sausage
- 3 tbsp butter
- 0.50 white onion, diced
- 0.5 cup chopped carrots
- 0.40 cup chopped celery
- 2.10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp flour
- 15 oz cans chicken broth
- 5 can of your favorite beer
- 1 lbs russet potatoes, diced in 1/2″ pieces
- 0.50 cup heavy cream
- 4 0z sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 0.5 tsp white balsmic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- sliced green onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add turkey sausage and brown, crumbling with a spatula until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat butter in the same large pot (no need to wipe it out) over medium high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and add garlic, oregano and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Then add flour and stir to coat veggies. Cook for one more minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in beer, chicken broth, and diced potatoes along with another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover, turn heat up to medium high and bring to a simmer.
- Once it begins to simmer, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Stir occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove soup from heat. Transfer half of the soup mixture to a high speed blend. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour back into pot.
- Stir in heavy cream and shredded cheese. Then add white balsamic vinegar.
- Add cooked sausage back into the pot. Heat the soup over medium heat for a couple minutes, until sausage is heated through.
- Garnish with green onions and shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!
- Recipe from Kylie Lato