Title: Bob’s Red Mill GF Pancake Mix Recipe
As a gluten-free eater, finding the perfect pancake recipe can be tough. But with Bob’s Red Mill GF Pancake Mix, it’s easy to whip up delicious pancakes that are free of gluten and full of flavor. In this article, we’ll take a look at the ingredients, instructions, nutrition facts, FAQs, and tips for making the perfect pancake with this mix.
List of Ingredients
- Bob’s Red Mill GF Pancake Mix
- Butter or oil
- Optional: vanilla extract, cinnamon, fruit, chocolate chips
List of Instructions
- Heat a non-stick griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 cup of the pancake mix, 1 egg, 3/4 cup of milk, and 1 tablespoon of melted butter or oil. If adding optional ingredients, stir them in now.
- Once the griddle is hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I make these pancakes without eggs?
- A: Yes, you can substitute 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana for each egg in the recipe.
- Q: Can I use a different liquid besides milk?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of milk or milk alternative in the recipe.
- Q: Can I make the batter ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can mix the dry and wet ingredients separately and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Mix them together just before cooking.
- Q: Can I freeze leftover pancakes?
- A: Yes, you can freeze them in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Reheat them in the toaster or microwave.
- Q: Can I use this mix to make waffles?
- A: Yes, you can use the same recipe to make waffles by adding an extra tablespoon of oil to the batter and cooking in a waffle iron.
- Q: Can I make this recipe vegan?
- A: Yes, you can use a milk alternative and substitute the egg with 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana.
- Q: Can I add protein powder to the batter?
- A: Yes, you can add 1 scoop of protein powder to the dry mix before adding the wet ingredients.
- Q: Can I use this mix to make savory pancakes?
- A: Yes, you can omit the vanilla extract and sugar and add herbs, cheese, or vegetables to the batter.
- Q: Can I use this mix to make crepes?
- A: Yes, you can use the same recipe but reduce the amount of milk to make a thinner batter.
If you’re new to gluten-free cooking, here are a few tips to help you make the perfect pancakes:
1. Follow the Recipe: Gluten-free flours can be tricky to work with, so it’s important to follow the recipe closely. Use the recommended measurements and ingredients for the best results.
2. Use a Non-Stick Griddle: Gluten-free pancakes can be fragile, so it’s important to use a non-stick griddle or pan to prevent sticking and tearing.
3. Don’t Overmix: Gluten-free flours can become tough if overmixed, so be gentle when stirring the batter. A few lumps are okay.
With these tips and the delicious Bob’s Red Mill GF Pancake Mix, you’ll be able to enjoy fluffy, flavorful pancakes that are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or anytime!