Welcome to our recipe article! Today, we’re going to share with you the delicious Brunswick Stew Smithfields recipe. This recipe is a classic Southern dish that is perfect for any occasion. It is hearty, savory, and packed with flavor. We hope you enjoy making and savoring this dish as much as we do. Let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 2 lbs of cooked and shredded pork shoulder
- 2 lbs of cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of lima beans, drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
List of Instructions
- In a large pot, sauté onion until translucent.
- Add shredded pork shoulder and chicken breast to the pot and stir.
- Add corn, lima beans, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, kosher salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir well.
- Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add BBQ sauce to the pot and stir well.
- Simmer for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
|Nutrition Details||Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use beef instead of pork?
- A: Yes, you can substitute pork with beef if you prefer.
- Q: Can I use frozen vegetables?
- A: Yes, you can use frozen vegetables if you don’t have canned vegetables.
- Q: Can I make this dish in a slow cooker?
- A: Yes, you can cook this dish in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months.
- Q: Can I add more hot sauce?
- A: Yes, you can add more hot sauce if you like your stew spicier.
- Q: Can I use store-bought BBQ sauce?
- A: Yes, you can use your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce.
- Q: Can I use leftover rotisserie chicken?
- A: Yes, you can use leftover rotisserie chicken if you don’t have cooked chicken breast.
- Q: Can I add potatoes?
- A: Yes, you can add diced potatoes for a heartier stew.
- Q: Can I use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock?
- A: Yes, you can use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock for a vegetarian version of this dish.
- Q: Can I use fresh herbs?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs if you have them.
If you want to make this dish even more delicious, we have some tips for you:
First, you can add more vegetables like diced potatoes, green beans, or okra. This will make the stew more filling and nutritious.
Second, you can use your favorite BBQ sauce to add more flavor to the stew. You can also make your own BBQ sauce by mixing ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and spices.
Third, you can use a slow cooker to make this dish. This will make it easier to cook and you can leave it to simmer while you do other things.
Finally, you can serve this dish with cornbread, crackers, or crusty bread. This will make it even more satisfying and delicious.