Welcome to my article where I will share with you my favorite recipe for cookies and cream macarons. I have always been a fan of macarons, and this recipe is one of my favorites. These macarons are light, airy, and filled with a delicious cookies and cream filling that will leave you craving for more. Whether you are a fan of macarons or you are just looking for a new dessert recipe to try out, this recipe is perfect for you.
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
List of Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the powdered sugar and almond flour until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar to the egg whites, beating on high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the egg whites and fold until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Pipe the batter into 1-inch (2.5 cm) rounds onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch (2.5 cm) between each round.
- Tap the baking sheets on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle some crushed Oreo cookies on top of each macaron.
- Bake the macarons for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are set and the macarons are firm to the touch.
- Let the macarons cool completely on the baking sheets.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the chopped white chocolate.
- Let the chocolate sit in the hot cream for 1 minute, then whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Let the chocolate ganache cool in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the ganache to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Pipe the ganache onto the flat side of half of the macarons.
- Top with the remaining macarons to make sandwiches.
- Refrigerate the macarons for at least 30 minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving
- Q: How long do macarons last?
- A: Macarons can last up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Q: Can I freeze macarons?
- A: Yes, you can freeze macarons. Place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month.
- Q: Can I use regular flour instead of almond flour?
- A: No, almond flour is an essential ingredient in macarons. You cannot substitute it with regular flour.
- Q: Can I use milk chocolate instead of white chocolate?
- A: Yes, you can use milk chocolate instead of white chocolate.
- Q: How do I store leftover ganache?
- A: You can store leftover ganache in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Q: Can I use a different flavor for the filling?
- A: Yes, you can use any flavor you like for the filling.
- Q: How many macarons does this recipe make?
- A: This recipe makes about 24 macarons.
- Q: Can I make macarons without a piping bag?
- A: No, a piping bag is essential for making macarons. You can purchase one at any baking supply store.
- Q: Can I make macarons without a food processor?
- A: Yes, you can use a blender or a spice grinder to grind the almond flour and powdered sugar together.
Macarons can be tricky to make, but with a little practice, you can master this recipe. Here are some tips to help you:
1. Use room temperature egg whites – This will help the egg whites to whip up faster and to a higher volume.
2. Measure your ingredients accurately – Macarons require precise measurements, so make sure to use a kitchen scale to weigh your ingredients.
3. Use a silicone mat or parchment paper – This will prevent the macarons from sticking to the baking sheet.
4. Tap the baking sheets on the counter – This will help to remove any air bubbles from the macarons, which can cause them to crack.
5. Let the macarons cool completely before filling – If you try to fill the macarons while they are still warm, the filling will melt and the macarons will become soggy.
6. Experiment with different flavors – Macarons can be filled with any flavor you like, so don’t be afraid to get creative and try different combinations.
With these tips and this delicious cookies and cream macarons recipe, you will be able to create beautiful and tasty macarons that will impress your friends and family. Enjoy!