As a food enthusiast, I always love to try new recipes and share them with others. Today, I want to share with you a delicious and easy-to-make recipe for Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies. This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves sweet treats and wants to enjoy them with family and friends.
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the white chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate large bowl, add the Chex cereal and pour the melted mixture over it. Mix well until the cereal is fully coated.
- In a Ziploc bag, mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the Chex cereal mixture to the Ziploc bag and shake until the cereal is fully coated.
- Add in the crushed Oreo cookies and shake again until fully coated.
- Spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet and let it cool for at least 15 minutes.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||32 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Total Sugars||19 g|
- Can I use milk chocolate instead of white chocolate? Yes, you can. It will change the flavor slightly, but it will still be delicious.
- Can I use a different type of cereal? Yes, you can. Rice Krispies or Cheerios would work well with this recipe.
- How long will this recipe last? It can last up to a week in an airtight container.
- Can I omit the crushed Oreo cookies? Yes, you can. It will still taste great without them.
- Can I double the recipe? Yes, you can. Just make sure to have a large enough bowl to mix everything together.
- Can I freeze this recipe? No, it is not recommended to freeze muddy buddies.
- Can I make this recipe vegan? Yes, you can use vegan white chocolate chips and butter substitutes. Check the ingredient labels to make sure they are vegan-friendly.
- Can I add other mix-ins? Yes, you can. Pretzels, M&Ms, or nuts would be great additions.
- Can I make this recipe gluten-free? Yes, just make sure to use gluten-free Chex cereal and Oreo cookies.
- Can I use dark chocolate instead of cocoa powder? No, they are not interchangeable in this recipe.
If you want to make this recipe even more special, try adding in some colorful sprinkles or candy melts. You can also experiment with different types of cookies, such as chocolate chip or peanut butter.
Make sure to let the muddy buddies cool completely before serving, as they will be very hot right out of the oven. You can also store them in the refrigerator to help them last longer.
If you’re serving this recipe at a party, try putting it in a large bowl or container with a scoop for guests to help themselves. It’s a great snack that everyone will love!