Are you a chai tea and coffee lover? Then you’ll definitely want to try this delicious and easy-to-make dirty chai recipe that mimics the popular Starbucks version. In this article, we’ll provide you with the recipe, along with tips and FAQs to ensure that you make the perfect cup of dirty chai every time.
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup chai tea
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Whipped cream (optional)
List of Instructions
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until steaming.
- In a separate cup, brew a strong cup of coffee.
- Combine the steamed milk, chai tea, coffee, honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon powder in a blender.
- Blend until frothy.
- Pour the mixture into a mug and top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder, and enjoy your delicious homemade dirty chai!
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- What is a dirty chai? A dirty chai is a popular coffeehouse drink that combines chai tea with a shot of espresso or coffee.
- Can I use any type of milk? Yes, you can use any type of milk that you prefer, including dairy milk, almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
- Can I make this recipe without a blender? Yes, you can whisk the ingredients together in a bowl or shake them in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Can I adjust the sweetness? Yes, you can adjust the amount of honey or sweetener to suit your taste preferences.
- Can I make this recipe in advance? Yes, you can make a large batch of dirty chai and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply reheat and serve as desired.
- How can I make this recipe vegan? To make this recipe vegan, simply use a non-dairy milk and a vegan-friendly sweetener, such as maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Can I add other spices? Yes, you can experiment with adding other spices, such as ginger, nutmeg, or cardamom, to customize the flavor of your dirty chai.
- Can I make this recipe iced? Yes, simply add ice cubes to the blender and blend until smooth.
- What is the best type of coffee to use? Use a strong and bold coffee, such as espresso or dark roast, to complement the spiciness of the chai tea.
- Should I use freshly brewed coffee? Yes, freshly brewed coffee will provide the best flavor and aroma for this recipe.
If you want to make the perfect cup of dirty chai, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Use a strong chai tea. Look for chai tea blends that contain a mix of black tea and spices, such as cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves, to ensure that your dirty chai has a bold and spicy flavor.
2. Froth the milk. Steaming and frothing the milk will create a creamy and velvety texture that complements the spices in the chai tea and coffee.
3. Adjust the sweetness. If you prefer a sweeter drink, add more honey or sweetener to the recipe. Alternatively, if you prefer a less sweet drink, reduce the amount of sweetener or omit it altogether.
By following these tips and adjusting the recipe to suit your taste preferences, you can enjoy a delicious and decadent cup of homemade dirty chai whenever you like.