Welcome to our article featuring delicious and nutritious bowl recipes from Hello Fresh! We are excited to share these recipes with you and hope they inspire you to try new flavors and ingredients in your cooking. Each recipe is carefully crafted to provide a balance of protein, vegetables, and grains, making them a perfect meal for any time of day. So, let’s get started!
Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Bowl
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, combine the avocado, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Divide the avocado mixture among four bowls. Top with the cooked shrimp and serve.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use frozen shrimp, just make sure to thaw them completely before cooking.
- Q: Can I use a different type of pepper?
- A: Yes, feel free to use any type of pepper you like, such as green or yellow bell peppers, or spicy peppers like jalapenos or habaneros.
- Q: How do I know when the shrimp are cooked?
- A: The shrimp should turn pink and opaque when cooked through.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can prepare the avocado mixture and cook the shrimp ahead of time, then assemble the bowls just before serving.
- Q: Is this recipe gluten-free?
- A: Yes, this recipe is gluten-free.
- Q: What can I serve with this bowl?
- A: This bowl is a complete meal on its own, but you can also serve it with a side of rice or quinoa for extra carbs.
1. To save time, use pre-cooked shrimp instead of raw shrimp.
2. If you don’t have smoked paprika, you can use regular paprika or chili powder instead.
3. For extra flavor, add a dash of hot sauce or sriracha to the avocado mixture.