Welcome to our collection of delicious vegan recipes from Hello Fresh! As more and more people are becoming conscious of their health and the environment, veganism is gaining popularity. But we believe that vegan food doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless. With our easy-to-follow recipes, you can create mouth-watering dishes that are not only good for you but also good for the planet.
Spicy Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and continue stir-frying for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tofu, soy sauce, and sriracha sauce, and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until the tofu is golden and crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Q: Can I substitute the tofu with tempeh?
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
- Q: Can I use other vegetables?
A: Yes, you can use tempeh instead of tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as tempeh takes longer to cook.
A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it completely before reheating.
A: Absolutely! You can use any vegetables you like such as broccoli, carrots, or mushrooms.
If you’re new to cooking with tofu, make sure to press it first to remove excess water. This will help it to absorb more flavor and have a firmer texture. You can also marinate it in your favorite sauce for at least 30 minutes before cooking to add more flavor.
Stir-frying is a great cooking technique for vegan dishes as it allows you to cook the vegetables quickly while retaining their nutrients and crunchiness. Make sure to keep the heat high and stir constantly to prevent burning.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different spices and sauces to create your own unique flavor combinations. You can also add some nuts or seeds for extra crunch and nutrition.