Greetings, dear readers! Today, I would like to share with you a recipe that is perfect for summer – homemade Oreo ice cream. This recipe is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. So, let’s get started!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the last 5 minutes of churning, add the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Q: Can I use skim milk instead of whole milk?
- A: Yes, you can use skim milk but the ice cream may not be as creamy.
- Q: Can I use other cookies instead of Oreos?
- A: Yes, you can use any other cookies you like.
- Q: Do I need an ice cream maker?
- A: Yes, an ice cream maker is necessary for this recipe.
- Q: Can I store the ice cream in the freezer?
- A: Yes, you can store the ice cream in the freezer but it may become hard.
- Q: How long does it take to make this ice cream?
- A: It takes about 30 minutes to churn the ice cream and 3-4 hours to freeze it.
- Q: Can I add other mix-ins to the ice cream?
- A: Yes, you can add any mix-ins you like such as chocolate chips or nuts.
- Q: Can I make this ice cream ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the ice cream ahead of time and store it in the freezer.
- Q: How long can I store the ice cream in the freezer?
- A: You can store the ice cream in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
If you want to make this ice cream even more special, try adding some hot fudge sauce or whipped cream on top. Another tip is to crush the Oreo cookies into different sizes for added texture. Lastly, make sure to freeze the ice cream for at least 3-4 hours to get the perfect consistency.
This homemade Oreo ice cream recipe is perfect for any summer day. It’s creamy, flavorful, and easy to make. Plus, you can customize it to your liking by adding different mix-ins. So, what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today and impress your friends and family!
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!