Welcome to my article about the delicious and cozy Ice Cream Hot Buttered Rum recipe. With winter approaching, it’s the perfect time to warm up with a sweet and indulgent drink. This recipe is simple and easy to make, and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any holiday gathering. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ice cream, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the rum and beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among 4 mugs.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup boiling water into each mug, stirring until well combined.
- Enjoy your delicious Ice Cream Hot Buttered Rum!
- Q: Can I use a different type of ice cream?
- A: Yes, you can use any flavor of ice cream you like, but vanilla is recommended for this recipe.
- Q: Can I use a different type of rum?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of rum you like, but dark rum is recommended for this recipe.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the butter mixture ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. When you’re ready to serve, simply heat up the butter mixture and add the hot water and rum.
- Q: Can I make this recipe without alcohol?
- A: Yes, you can omit the rum and just make a hot buttered ice cream drink.
- Q: Can I add whipped cream to this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can top the drink with whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat.
- Q: Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
- A: Yes, you can make a larger batch of the butter mixture in a slow cooker and keep it warm on low heat. Then, just add hot water and rum to each mug as desired.
- Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
- A: This recipe makes 4 servings.
- Q: Can I adjust the sweetness of this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can adjust the amount of brown sugar to your liking.
Here are a few tips to make the perfect Ice Cream Hot Buttered Rum:
1. Use room temperature butter for easier mixing.
2. Be sure to beat the mixture well to ensure that all the ingredients are combined.
3. Use a high-quality rum for the best flavor.
4. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for an extra special treat.
5. Serve with a cinnamon stick for added flavor and presentation.
6. Enjoy responsibly and never drink and drive.