Welcome to my recipe article! I am excited to share with you my favorite ice cream pie recipe with Oreo crust. This dessert is perfect for any occasion and is sure to please everyone’s sweet tooth. So, let’s get started!
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar of hot fudge sauce
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or a rolling pin.
- Mix the Oreo crumbs with melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, making sure to cover the bottom and sides evenly.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then let it cool completely.
- Soften the vanilla ice cream by leaving it at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into the cooled crust and spread it evenly.
- Drizzle the hot fudge sauce over the ice cream, then sprinkle chopped nuts on top (if using).
- Freeze the pie for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Before serving, let the pie sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to make it easier to slice.
- Garnish with whipped cream (if using) and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use a different flavor of ice cream?
- A: Yes, you can use any flavor of ice cream that you like.
- Q: Can I make the Oreo crust ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the Oreo crust up to a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Q: Can I use store-bought whipped cream?
- A: Yes, you can use store-bought whipped cream instead of making your own.
- Q: Can I use a different type of nut?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of nut that you prefer or omit them altogether.
- Q: Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
- A: Yes, you can use dairy-free ice cream and vegan butter to make this recipe dairy-free.
- Q: Can I use a different type of sauce?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of sauce that you like, such as caramel or strawberry.
- Q: Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
- A: Yes, you can use gluten-free Oreo-style cookies to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Q: Can I use a different type of cookie?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of cookie that you like to make the crust, such as graham crackers or chocolate chip cookies.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect ice cream pie:
1. Soften the ice cream: Letting the ice cream soften for a few minutes will make it easier to scoop and spread evenly.
2. Use a hot knife: To make clean slices of the pie, run a sharp knife under hot water and dry it before cutting.
3. Customize the toppings: You can use any toppings you like, such as fresh fruit or chocolate chips, to make the pie your own.
Enjoy your delicious ice cream pie with Oreo crust!