Welcome to my article about making ice cream with Oreo cookies! Ice cream is one of the most popular desserts in the world, and Oreo cookies are a favorite among many. So why not combine the two for a delicious treat? In this article, I will share with you my recipe for making ice cream with Oreo cookies, along with some tips and FAQ. Let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies (about 10-12 cookies)
List of Instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Place the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This usually takes about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the crushed Oreo cookies to the ice cream maker during the last 5 minutes of churning.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Scoop and serve!
|Nutrition Facts||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use low-fat milk instead of whole milk?
- A: Yes, you can use low-fat milk, but the ice cream may not be as creamy.
- Q: Can I use other types of cookies?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of cookies you like, but Oreo cookies work best because they have a nice crunch and chocolatey flavor.
- Q: Can I add other mix-ins?
- A: Absolutely! You can add nuts, fruits, or even candy to the ice cream during the last few minutes of churning.
- Q: Do I need an ice cream maker?
- A: Yes, an ice cream maker is necessary to make this recipe. If you don’t have one, you can try making a no-churn ice cream recipe instead.
- Q: How long can I store the ice cream?
- A: You can store the ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
If you want to make the ice cream even more delicious, here are some tips:
1. Use high-quality ingredients. The better the quality of the milk, cream, and vanilla extract, the better the ice cream will taste.
2. Crush the Oreo cookies into small pieces. This will give the ice cream a nice texture and flavor.
3. Let the ice cream soften before serving. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping. This will make it easier to scoop and will give the ice cream a creamier texture.
With these tips and the recipe above, you’ll have a delicious and creamy ice cream with Oreo cookies that everyone will love!