As a coffee lover, I always try to recreate my favorite coffee drinks at home. One of my all-time favorites is the Irish Cream Latte from Starbucks. It’s the perfect combination of coffee, cream, and a hint of Irish whiskey. In this article, I’ll be sharing my recipe for making this delicious drink at home.
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons Irish cream syrup (Torani brand recommended)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Brew a strong cup of coffee using your preferred method.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and heavy cream over medium heat until warm.
- Add the Irish cream syrup to the warm milk and stir well.
- Pour the coffee into a mug and add the milk mixture.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
- Enjoy your homemade Irish Cream Latte!
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Can I use a different brand of Irish cream syrup? Yes, you can use any brand of Irish cream syrup that you prefer. However, I recommend using Torani for the best flavor.
- Can I make this recipe without heavy cream? Yes, you can substitute whole milk for the heavy cream if desired. However, the drink will be less creamy and rich.
- Can I use decaf coffee? Yes, you can use decaf coffee if you prefer.
- Can I make this recipe dairy-free? Yes, you can use a non-dairy milk and cream substitute. However, the flavor and texture may be slightly different.
- Can I use a different type of alcohol? Yes, you can use a different type of alcohol instead of Irish whiskey. However, the flavor will be different.
- How can I adjust the sweetness of the drink? You can adjust the amount of Irish cream syrup to your liking. Add more for a sweeter drink, or less for a less sweet drink.
- Can I make a large batch of this recipe? Yes, you can double or triple the recipe to make a larger batch.
- Can I make this recipe without a saucepan? Yes, you can heat the milk and cream in the microwave instead of using a saucepan.
- Can I use a different type of coffee? Yes, you can use any type of coffee that you prefer.
- Can I make this recipe without whipped cream? Yes, whipped cream is optional and can be omitted if desired.
If you’re looking for a stronger coffee flavor, use a darker roast or espresso instead of regular coffee.
If you don’t have Irish cream syrup, you can use a combination of vanilla syrup and Irish whiskey instead.
For an extra decadent treat, drizzle some chocolate syrup on top of the whipped cream.
Experiment with different types of milk and cream to find your perfect creamy texture.
Don’t let the milk mixture boil, as it can curdle and ruin the texture of the drink.
Store any leftover Irish cream syrup in the refrigerator for up to a month.