Welcome to my keto sour gummies recipe! If you’re on a keto diet or just looking for a healthy snack option, these gummies are perfect for you. They are low in carbs, sugar-free, and delicious! Plus, they are easy to make and only require a few ingredients. In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make these tasty treats. So, let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 2 packets of unflavored gelatin
- 1 packet of sugar-free Jello (your choice of flavor)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp citric acid
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup erythritol (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp stevia (optional)
- Sour salt (for coating the gummies)
List of Instructions
- Combine water, gelatin, Jello, lemon juice, citric acid, and salt in a saucepan.
- Whisk everything together and let it sit for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to bloom.
- Heat the mixture on low heat, stirring constantly until the gelatin and sweetener dissolve completely (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add stevia (if using) and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone gummy mold or a greased pan.
- Let it set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once set, remove the gummies from the mold or cut them into bite-size pieces if using a pan.
- Coat the gummies with sour salt (optional).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
|Nutrition Information||Per Serving (10 gummies)|
- Q: Can I use other flavors of Jello?
- A: Yes, you can use any sugar-free Jello flavor you like.
- Q: Can I use honey instead of erythritol?
- A: No, honey is not keto-friendly. You can use other keto-friendly sweeteners like monk fruit or stevia.
- Q: What is citric acid and where can I buy it?
- A: Citric acid is a natural preservative and flavor enhancer. You can buy it online or in specialty stores.
- Q: How long do these gummies last?
- A: They can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.
- Q: Can I freeze these gummies?
- A: Yes, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Q: How do I make the gummies more sour?
- A: You can add more citric acid or sour salt to the mixture.
- Q: Can I add other ingredients like fruit or nuts?
- A: Yes, you can add other ingredients to the mixture before pouring it into the mold.
- Q: How many gummies does this recipe make?
- A: It depends on the size of your mold or pan, but it should make around 50-60 gummies.
If you want to make the gummies more colorful, you can add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture before pouring it into the mold.
You can also experiment with different flavors of Jello and sweeteners to find your perfect combination.
If you don’t have a silicone gummy mold, you can use a greased pan and cut the gummies into bite-size pieces.