Welcome to our Kosterina Olive Oil Cake recipe article. We are excited to share with you a delicious and healthy cake recipe made with Kosterina extra virgin olive oil. This recipe is perfect for those who want a healthy and tasty dessert option. Let’s get started!
List of Ingredient
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested
List of Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of flour?
- Q: Can I use regular yogurt instead of Greek yogurt?
- Q: Can I use a different type of oil?
- Q: Can I add nuts or fruit to the cake?
- Q: Can I make this cake ahead of time?
- Q: Can I freeze this cake?
- Q: Can I make this cake gluten-free?
- Q: Can I make this cake dairy-free?
- Q: Can I use a different type of sweetener?
- Q: Can I make this cake in a different size pan?
A: Yes, you can use whole wheat flour or almond flour as a substitute.
A: Yes, you can use regular yogurt, but the texture of the cake may be different.
A: Yes, you can use any type of oil, but we recommend using a high-quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor and health benefits.
A: Yes, you can add chopped nuts or fruit to the batter before baking.
A: Yes, you can make this cake up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
A: Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in a freezer-safe container.
A: Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute for the all-purpose flour.
A: Yes, you can use a dairy-free yogurt as a substitute for the Greek yogurt.
A: Yes, you can use honey or maple syrup as a substitute for the sugar.
A: Yes, you can make this cake in a different size pan, but the baking time may vary.
If you want to make your Kosterina Olive Oil Cake extra special, try adding some fresh fruit or whipped cream on top. You can also experiment with different flavorings, such as almond extract or orange zest. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of this recipe:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: Since this cake has a simple flavor profile, it’s important to use high-quality ingredients to ensure the best taste.
2. Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can cause the cake to become tough and dense. Mix until just combined.
3. Let the cake cool completely: Letting the cake cool completely before slicing will ensure that it holds its shape and doesn’t crumble.