As a homemaker, I always look for ways to save money and make things easier. That’s why I love making my laundry sauce. It’s a cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to commercial laundry detergents. In this article, I will share with you my laundry sauce recipe and tips on how to use it.
List of Ingredients
- 1 bar of grated soap (I use Fels-Naptha)
- 1 cup of washing soda
- 1 cup of borax
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of OxiClean (optional)
List of Instructions
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until it becomes a fine powder.
- Store the laundry sauce in an airtight container.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of laundry sauce per load of laundry.
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Q: Is laundry sauce safe for HE washing machines?
- A: Yes, it is safe for HE washing machines.
- Q: Can I use laundry sauce on delicate fabrics?
- A: No, it is not recommended for delicate fabrics.
- Q: Can I add essential oils to laundry sauce?
- A: Yes, you can add essential oils for fragrance.
- Q: How long does a batch of laundry sauce last?
- A: A batch of laundry sauce can last up to 6 months.
- Q: Can I use laundry sauce for hand washing clothes?
- A: Yes, you can use laundry sauce for hand washing clothes.
- Q: Can I use laundry sauce for cloth diapers?
- A: No, it is not recommended for cloth diapers.
- Q: Can I use laundry sauce for stain removal?
- A: Yes, you can use laundry sauce for stain removal.
- Q: Can I use laundry sauce for white clothes?
- A: Yes, you can use laundry sauce for white clothes.
If you’re new to making laundry sauce, here are some tips that might help:
1. Use a food processor to grind the ingredients into a fine powder. This will help the laundry sauce dissolve better in the washing machine.
2. If you have hard water, add a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle to soften the water and improve the cleaning power of the laundry sauce.
3. Store the laundry sauce in a cool, dry place to prevent clumping.
4. Use a tablespoon of laundry sauce for light loads and two tablespoons for heavy loads.
5. For extra stain-fighting power, pretreat stains with laundry sauce before washing.
I hope you find this laundry sauce recipe useful. It’s a great way to save money and reduce your environmental footprint. Happy washing!