Welcome to my article about how to make homemade Oreo ice cream! As a big fan of ice cream and Oreos, I decided to combine the two and make a delicious dessert that you can easily make at home. Follow along with the recipe and enjoy!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream is almost done churning, add in the crushed Oreos and let the machine mix them in.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*
- Q: Can I use reduced-fat milk instead of whole milk?
- A: Yes, but the ice cream may not be as creamy and rich.
- Q: Can I use other types of cookies?
- A: Yes, feel free to experiment with different types of cookies to make your own unique ice cream flavor.
- Q: How long does the ice cream need to freeze?
- A: At least 3 hours, but you can leave it in the freezer longer if you prefer a harder texture.
- Q: Can I add other mix-ins?
- A: Yes, you can add in chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or other candies to customize your ice cream.
- Q: Can I make this recipe without an ice cream maker?
- A: It’s possible, but you will need to freeze the mixture in a shallow container and stir it every 30 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Q: How long does the ice cream last in the freezer?
- A: It will keep for up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container.
- Q: Can I use low-calorie sugar substitutes?
- A: Yes, but the texture and flavor may be different.
If you want to make your ice cream extra rich and decadent, you can substitute some of the heavy cream with half-and-half or even heavy whipping cream. However, this will increase the calorie and fat content of the recipe.
For best results, make sure your ice cream maker bowl is thoroughly frozen before you begin making the recipe. You can store it in the freezer for at least 24 hours before you plan to use it.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make homemade ice cream by freezing the mixture in a shallow container and stirring it every 30 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency. It may not be as smooth and creamy as ice cream made with a machine, but it will still taste delicious!