Who doesn’t love a good ice cream pie? And when you add Oreo to the mix, it becomes a dessert that everyone will be fighting over. In this article, we’ll be sharing our favorite Oreo ice cream pie recipe that’s easy to make and will satisfy any sweet tooth.
List of Ingredients
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream
- 1/2 cup of caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
List of Instructions
- Crush half of the Oreo cookies in a food processor or by placing them in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Place the crushed Oreos in the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish and press down to form a crust. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Soften the vanilla ice cream and spread it evenly over the Oreo crust. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until smooth and let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the ice cream and spread it evenly. Place back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Crush the remaining Oreos and sprinkle them over the chocolate sauce. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top and sprinkle with chopped nuts (optional).
- Place the pie back in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until frozen solid.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and enjoy!
|Amount per Serving
- Q: Can I use a different flavor of ice cream?
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Q: Can I use store-bought caramel sauce?
- Q: Can I omit the nuts?
- Q: Can I use a different type of cookie?
- Q: Can I use frozen whipped cream?
- Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
- Q: Can I use a different type of chocolate?
- Q: Can I add more toppings?
- Q: Can I use a different type of sauce?
A: Absolutely! You can use any flavor of ice cream you like. Just make sure it’s soft enough to spread evenly over the crust.
A: Yes, you can make this recipe a day or two ahead of time and store it in the freezer until ready to serve.
A: Yes, you can use store-bought caramel sauce or make your own homemade caramel sauce.
A: Yes, you can omit the nuts if you have a nut allergy or simply don’t like them.
A: Yes, you can use any type of cookie you like to make the crust. Graham crackers or chocolate wafer cookies work well too.
A: Yes, you can use frozen whipped cream or make your own whipped cream using heavy cream and sugar.
A: This recipe makes 8 servings.
A: Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you like. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate work well too.
A: Yes, feel free to add any additional toppings you like such as sprinkles or chopped candy bars.
A: Yes, you can use any type of sauce you like such as hot fudge or butterscotch sauce.
If you’re looking for a dessert that’s easy to make but still looks impressive, this Oreo ice cream pie is the perfect choice. Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect pie:
1. Make sure the ice cream is soft enough to spread evenly over the crust. If it’s too hard, it will be difficult to spread and may cause the crust to crumble.
2. To make the chocolate sauce, use a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate, as it can burn easily.
3. If you want to make your own whipped cream, use cold heavy cream and a chilled mixing bowl. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form, then add sugar to taste.
4. For a fun twist, try using different flavors of ice cream or different types of cookies for the crust.
5. If you’re short on time, you can skip the homemade chocolate sauce and use store-bought hot fudge instead.
6. To make the pie easier to slice, dip a knife in hot water before cutting into the frozen pie.
With these tips and our easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll have a delicious Oreo ice cream pie that’s sure to impress. Enjoy!