Ice cream is a dessert that can be enjoyed in any season. It is smooth, creamy, and delicious. One of the most popular flavors of ice cream is cookies and cream. In this article, we will share with you our recipe for Oreo ice cream made with an ice cream maker. This recipe is easy to follow and will yield a rich and creamy Oreo ice cream that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
List of Instructions
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to the ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- During the last few minutes of churning, add the crushed Oreo cookies to the mixture.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use low-fat milk instead of whole milk? A: Yes, you can use low-fat milk, but the ice cream may not be as creamy.
- Q: Do I have to use an ice cream maker? A: Yes, an ice cream maker is necessary to achieve the desired texture and consistency.
- Q: Can I substitute the Oreo cookies with another type of cookie? A: Yes, you can use any cookie of your choice.
- Q: How long can I store the ice cream in the freezer? A: You can store the ice cream in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Q: Can I double the recipe? A: Yes, you can double the recipe if you have a larger ice cream maker.
- Q: Can I use vanilla bean instead of vanilla extract? A: Yes, you can use vanilla bean, but you will need to scrape the seeds and add them to the mixture.
- Q: Can I use a different type of sugar? A: Yes, you can use brown sugar or honey, but it may affect the flavor.
- Q: Can I add other mix-ins besides Oreo cookies? A: Yes, you can add any mix-ins of your choice, such as chocolate chips or nuts.
- Q: How long does it take to churn the ice cream? A: It usually takes about 20-30 minutes to churn the ice cream.
- Q: Can I use half-and-half instead of heavy cream? A: Yes, you can use half-and-half, but the ice cream may not be as rich and creamy.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect Oreo ice cream:
1. Make sure that the mixture is completely cool before adding it to the ice cream maker. If the mixture is too warm, it will not churn properly.
2. Crush the Oreo cookies into small pieces to ensure that they are evenly distributed throughout the ice cream.
3. Freeze the ice cream in a shallow container to help it freeze faster and prevent ice crystals from forming.