Welcome to my article about the original Bacardi Rum Cake recipe. As a passionate baker and lover of all things sweet, I have always been on the lookout for the best cake recipes out there. And when it comes to rum cakes, nothing beats the classic Bacardi recipe.
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (or any dark rum of your choice)
List of Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- Beat in eggs, water, oil and rum.
- Pour batter over nuts in pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto serving plate.
- Prick top of cake with a toothpick.
- Drizzle glaze over top of cake.
- Allow cake to absorb glaze and cool completely.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use any type of rum for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of rum you like, but dark rum is recommended for the best flavor.
- Q: Can I substitute the nuts with something else?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of nuts you like, or skip them altogether if you have a nut allergy.
- Q: How long should I let the cake cool before adding the glaze?
- A: Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes before adding the glaze.
- Q: Can I make this cake ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make this cake up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Q: How long will this cake last?
- A: This cake will last for up to a week if stored properly.
- Q: Can I freeze this cake?
- A: Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored in an airtight container.
- Q: Can I make this cake without the rum?
- A: Yes, you can make this cake without the rum, but it will not have the same flavor as the original recipe.
- Q: Can I add more rum to the recipe?
- A: Yes, you can add more rum to the recipe if you want a stronger rum flavor.
- Q: Can I use a different type of cake mix?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you like, but yellow cake mix is recommended for the best flavor.
If you want to make the perfect Bacardi Rum Cake, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: Make sure to use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
2. Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing can lead to a tough or dense cake, so be sure to mix the batter just until everything is combined.
3. Let the cake cool before adding the glaze: Letting the cake cool for a few minutes before adding the glaze will help it absorb the liquid better and give it a more even distribution.
4. Use a toothpick to check for doneness: Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to check for doneness. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
5. Add more rum for a stronger flavor: If you want a stronger rum flavor, you can add more rum to the glaze or the cake batter.
6. Store the cake properly: Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
7. Serve with whipped cream: Top the cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect finishing touch.