Welcome to my article on how to make a delicious peppermint ice cream pie with Oreo crust. This dessert is perfect for the holiday season or any time you want a refreshing and minty treat. Follow the instructions below to create a tasty and beautiful pie that will impress everyone.
List of Ingredients
- 1 package of Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 quart of peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes for garnish
List of Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter in a bowl until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, making sure to cover the bottom and sides evenly.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then let it cool completely.
- Scoop the softened peppermint ice cream into the cooled crust, spreading it evenly.
- Freeze the pie for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract until stiff peaks form.
- Serve the pie with whipped cream and crushed candy canes on top.
|Amount Per Serving
- Q: Can I use a different ice cream flavor?
- A: Yes, you can use any flavor that complements the Oreo crust.
- Q: Can I use a store-bought crust instead of making my own?
- A: Yes, you can use a pre-made crust to save time.
- Q: Can I make this pie ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make it up to 2 days in advance and store it in the freezer.
- Q: Can I use whipped topping instead of making my own whipped cream?
- A: Yes, you can use whipped topping as a substitute.
- Q: Can I add chocolate chips to the ice cream?
- A: Yes, you can add any mix-ins that you like.
- Q: Can I use a different type of cookie for the crust?
- A: Yes, you can use any cookie that you like, but Oreo cookies work best.
- Q: Can I use a different type of garnish?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of candy or topping that you like.
- Q: Can I make this pie without a crust?
- A: Yes, you can serve the peppermint ice cream with whipped cream and garnish.
For best results, soften the peppermint ice cream at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before scooping it into the crust. This will make it easier to spread and prevent the crust from breaking.
You can also add some chopped chocolate or fudge sauce between the ice cream and the whipped cream layer for extra flavor.
If you want to make the whipped cream ahead of time, store it in the fridge for up to 4 hours and re-whip it before serving.