Welcome to my article where I will be sharing with you the recipe for a delicious Peppermint Latte from Starbucks. This festive drink is perfect for the winter season and will surely warm you up on a chilly day. Plus, making it at home means you can save money and enjoy it anytime you want!
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup milk
- 1 shot of espresso (or 1/2 cup of strong coffee)
- 1 tbsp peppermint syrup
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Crushed candy canes (optional)
List of Instructions
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- While the milk is heating up, brew a shot of espresso or strong coffee.
- Add the peppermint syrup to the hot milk and stir well.
- Pour the hot milk and peppermint mixture into a mug, leaving about an inch of space at the top.
- Add the shot of espresso or strong coffee to the mug.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes, if desired.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use regular syrup instead of peppermint syrup?
- A: Yes, but it won’t be a peppermint latte anymore.
- Q: Can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer.
- Q: Can I make this without an espresso machine?
- A: Yes, you can use a French press or a drip coffee maker to make strong coffee.
- Q: Can I make this ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the peppermint milk ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to make the latte.
- Q: Can I use a different type of candy for the topping?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of candy you like.
- Q: Can I add more or less peppermint syrup?
- A: Yes, you can adjust the amount of syrup to your liking.
- Q: Can I make this without the whipped cream?
- A: Yes, the whipped cream is optional.
If you don’t have peppermint syrup, you can make your own by mixing together equal parts sugar and water and adding a few drops of peppermint extract. Heat the mixture in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves, then let it cool before using.
If you want to make a non-caffeinated version of this drink, you can use decaf coffee or skip the espresso altogether and just use hot milk and peppermint syrup.
If you’re feeling extra festive, you can add a drop of green food coloring to the whipped cream for a pop of color.