Welcome to my article about Pinky Cole Recipes. Pinky Cole is a successful entrepreneur who owns a vegan restaurant chain in Atlanta. She is known for her delicious and innovative plant-based dishes that have gained a following across the country. In this article, I will be sharing some of Pinky Cole’s most popular recipes, along with tips and FAQs to help you recreate her dishes at home.
Jerk Jackfruit Sandwich
- 1 can of jackfruit
- 1/2 cup of jerk seasoning
- 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 buns
- 1/2 cup of coleslaw
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Cut off the center core and shred the rest of the jackfruit with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix together the jerk seasoning, barbecue sauce, and vegetable broth.
- In a pan, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Add the jackfruit and sauce mixture to the pan and stir until the jackfruit is coated.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until the jackfruit is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Toast the buns and assemble the sandwich with the jackfruit mixture and coleslaw.
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Q: What is jackfruit?
- A: Jackfruit is a tropical fruit that is often used as a meat substitute in vegan cooking.
- Q: Can I use a different type of protein instead of jackfruit?
- A: Yes, you can use tofu, seitan, or another meat substitute instead of jackfruit.
- Q: Can I make the jerk seasoning from scratch?
- A: Yes, there are many recipes online for homemade jerk seasoning.
- Q: Can I make this in a slow cooker?
- A: Yes, you can cook the jackfruit and sauce mixture in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftover jackfruit mixture?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftover jackfruit mixture for up to 3 months.
If you can’t find jackfruit, you can use other meat substitutes like tofu, seitan, or tempeh. Be sure to adjust the cooking time and seasoning accordingly. You can also customize the sandwich with your favorite toppings like avocado, pickles, or hot sauce. Serve with a side of sweet potato fries for a complete meal.
Lemon Pepper Wet Wings
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the almond milk to the bowl and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl and toss until the cauliflower is coated in the batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower in a single layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is crispy and golden brown.
- In a pan, mix together the hot sauce, lemon juice, and vegetable oil.
- Add the baked cauliflower to the pan and stir until the cauliflower is coated in the sauce.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of flour instead of all-purpose flour?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of flour like almond flour, chickpea flour, or rice flour.
- Q: Can I use a different type of hot sauce instead of Frank’s RedHot?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of hot sauce or buffalo sauce.
- Q: Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
- A: Yes, you can use gluten-free flour and hot sauce to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can bake the cauliflower ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to serve, heat up the sauce and toss the cauliflower in it.
- Q: Can I make this recipe spicy?
- A: Yes, you can add more hot sauce or red pepper flakes to make this recipe spicier.
If you don’t have almond milk, you can use any other type of non-dairy milk like soy milk or oat milk. For a milder version of this recipe, you can use less hot sauce or skip the lemon juice. You can also serve the cauliflower on a bed of greens for a healthier option.
Loaded Vegan Nachos
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of vegan cheese shreds
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of vegan sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F