Welcome to Primal Kitchen! We are dedicated to providing delicious and healthy recipes for everyone to enjoy. Our recipes are designed to be simple, easy to follow, and made with wholesome ingredients. Whether you are new to the primal lifestyle, or a seasoned pro, we have something for everyone. We believe that eating well shouldn’t be complicated, and that everyone has the right to enjoy delicious and nutritious food. So come join us in the kitchen, and let’s get cooking!
Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Rub mixture evenly onto chicken breasts.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, combine avocado, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Serve chicken topped with avocado salsa.
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Q: Can I make the avocado salsa ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the avocado salsa up to 2 hours ahead of time. Just be sure to store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Q: Can I use a different type of onion?
- A: Yes, you can use a different type of onion if you prefer. Red onion works well in this recipe, but you could also use white or yellow onion.
- Q: Can I add other vegetables to the salsa?
- A: Yes, you can add other vegetables to the salsa if you like. Tomatoes, bell peppers, and corn all work well.
- Q: Can I use a different type of oil?
- A: Yes, you can use a different type of oil if you prefer. Avocado oil or coconut oil would both work well in this recipe.
- Q: Can I cook the chicken in the oven instead of on the grill?
- A: Yes, you can cook the chicken in the oven instead of on the grill. Preheat the oven to 400°F and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Q: Can I use frozen chicken?
- A: Yes, you can use frozen chicken. Just be sure to thaw it completely before cooking.
- Q: Can I use a different type of meat?
- A: Yes, you can use a different type of meat if you like. Beef, pork, or shrimp would all work well in this recipe.
If you don’t have a grill, you can also cook the chicken on a stovetop grill pan or in a regular skillet. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
This recipe makes a great meal prep option. Cook the chicken and make the avocado salsa ahead of time, then store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the chicken in the microwave or oven, then top with the avocado salsa.
If you don’t like spicy food, you can omit the jalapeno from the avocado salsa.