Greetings, ice cream lovers! If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert, look no further than this homemade Oreo ice cream recipe. Made with simple ingredients and a few easy steps, this creamy and rich ice cream will have you coming back for seconds (and maybe even thirds!). So, let’s get started!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until it reaches a soft serve consistency.
- Stir in the crushed Oreos by hand.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Scoop and serve!
- Q: Can I use low-fat milk instead of whole milk?
- A: Yes, but the ice cream may not be as creamy and rich.
- Q: Can I use Double Stuf Oreos?
- A: Yes, but be aware that the ice cream may be sweeter and have a stronger Oreo flavor.
- Q: Can I make this recipe without an ice cream maker?
- A: It’s possible, but the texture may not be as smooth and creamy. You can try freezing the mixture in a shallow container and stirring it every 30 minutes until it reaches a scoopable consistency.
- Q: How long does the ice cream last in the freezer?
- A: The ice cream will last for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Q: Can I add other mix-ins besides Oreos?
- A: Yes, you can add chocolate chips, nuts, or other cookies to the mixture before freezing.
To get the best results from this recipe, here are a few tips:
1. Use high-quality ingredients for the best flavor and texture.
2. Make sure the ice cream mixture is well-chilled before adding it to the ice cream maker.
3. Crush the Oreos into small pieces for a better distribution throughout the ice cream.