Welcome to our Safeway Cookie Recipe article. We want to share with you one of our favorite cookie recipes that you can easily make at home. This recipe is perfect for those who love soft and chewy cookies with a hint of chocolate. So, let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
List of Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
|Nutrition Facts||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
- A: Yes, you can use salted butter but reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Q: Can I use milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate chips?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of chocolate chips you like.
- Q: How long can I store the cookies?
- A: You can store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Q: Can I freeze the dough?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to 3 months. Just thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
- Q: How many cookies does this recipe make?
- A: This recipe makes about 36 cookies.
- Q: Can I add nuts to the recipe?
- A: Yes, you can add any type of nuts you like.
- Q: Can I use margarine instead of butter?
- A: Yes, you can use margarine but the cookies may have a different texture and flavor.
- Q: Can I use a different type of sugar?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of sugar you like.
- Q: Can I double the recipe?
- A: Yes, you can double the recipe to make more cookies.
If you want to make the perfect Safeway Cookies, here are some tips for you:
1. Use room temperature butter: Make sure your butter is soft enough to cream with the sugar. This will help the cookies to be soft and chewy.
2. Mix the dough until just combined: Overmixing the dough can make the cookies tough and dry. Mix the dough until everything is just combined.
3. Chill the dough: Chilling the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking will help the cookies to hold their shape and prevent them from spreading too much.