As a food blogger and recipe enthusiast, I love discovering and trying out new recipes. One of my recent favorites is the Safeway Kale Salad recipe, which is not only delicious but also healthy. In this article, I will share with you the ingredients, instructions, nutrition information, FAQs, and tips for making this amazing salad.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems and tear them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with the dressing until well-coated.
- Add the almonds, cranberries, and feta cheese to the salad and toss gently.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Nutrition Facts||Amount per serving|
- Can I use a different type of leafy green for this salad?
Yes, you can use other greens like spinach or arugula instead of kale.
- Can I make the dressing ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the dressing up to 3 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
- What can I substitute for almonds?
You can use other nuts like walnuts, pecans, or pine nuts instead of almonds.
- Can I use fresh cranberries instead of dried?
Yes, you can use fresh cranberries, but you may need to add some extra sweetness to the salad.
- Is this salad vegan?
No, it’s not vegan because of the feta cheese. But you can use a vegan cheese substitute or omit the cheese altogether.
- How long does this salad last in the fridge?
The salad will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Can I add other ingredients to this salad?
Yes, you can add other ingredients like sliced apples, pomegranate seeds, or grilled chicken to the salad.
- Can I use a different type of mustard?
Yes, you can use other types of mustard like whole-grain or spicy mustard instead of Dijon.
- How can I make this salad more filling?
You can add some quinoa, chickpeas, or grilled tofu to the salad to make it more filling.
- Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh?
It’s better to use fresh lemon juice for this recipe, but bottled lemon juice can work in a pinch.
If you’re not a fan of raw kale, you can massage the leaves with a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice to make them softer and more palatable.
You can also toast the almonds in a dry skillet for a few minutes before adding them to the salad to bring out their flavor.
If you’re making this salad for a party, you can prepare the kale and dressing ahead of time and then assemble the salad just before serving.