Welcome to this article where I will be sharing with you the recipe for Safeway Seafood Salad. This salad is a great option for those who love seafood and it’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It’s also very easy to make, so let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound imitation crab meat, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
List of Instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked shrimp, imitation crab meat, celery, red onion, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, fresh dill, and lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the seafood mixture and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving||% Daily Value*|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Q: Can I use fresh crab meat instead of imitation crab meat?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh crab meat. However, it may be more expensive than imitation crab meat.
- Q: Can I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream?
- A: Yes, you can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. However, it will change the flavor of the dressing slightly.
- Q: Can I add other vegetables to the salad?
- A: Yes, you can add other vegetables such as carrots, cucumbers, or cherry tomatoes.
- Q: How long can I keep the salad in the fridge?
- A: You can keep the salad in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Q: Can I make this salad in advance?
- A: Yes, you can make this salad in advance. However, it’s best to add the dressing just before serving to prevent the salad from becoming too soggy.
- Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
- A: This recipe makes 6 servings.
- Q: Can I use other types of seafood?
- A: Yes, you can use other types of seafood such as scallops or lobster.
- Q: Can I use a different type of mustard?
- A: Yes, you can use a different type of mustard such as whole grain or yellow mustard.
- Q: Can I use dried dill instead of fresh dill?
- A: Yes, you can use dried dill instead of fresh dill. However, fresh dill will give the salad a better flavor.
If you’re looking to add more flavor to the salad, you can try adding some chopped parsley or cilantro.
For a healthier option, you can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
If you’re using fresh crab meat, be sure to remove any shell fragments before adding it to the salad.
This salad is great served on a bed of lettuce or with some crackers on the side.