Greetings, baking enthusiasts! Today, I’m going to share with you a delicious recipe for Safeway sugar cookies. If you’re a fan of sugar cookies, then you’re going to love this recipe. It’s easy to make and the end result is a batch of soft and chewy cookies that are perfect for any occasion. So, let’s get started!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press down on each ball with a fork to flatten it slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
- Q: Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
- A: Yes, you can use salted butter, but you may want to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Q: Can I make the dough ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Q: Can I freeze the cookies?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months.
- Q: Can I add food coloring to the dough?
- A: Yes, you can add food coloring to the dough to create festive cookies.
- Q: How many cookies does this recipe make?
- A: This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- Q: Can I use a cookie scoop to make the dough balls?
- A: Yes, a cookie scoop is a great tool to use if you want to make sure your cookies are all the same size.
- Q: Can I add sprinkles to the dough?
- A: Yes, you can add sprinkles to the dough to make funfetti cookies.
- Q: Can I use almond extract instead of vanilla?
- A: Yes, you can use almond extract instead of vanilla for a different flavor.
- Q: Can I use a different type of flour?
- A: All-purpose flour works best for this recipe, but you can experiment with different types of flour if you’d like.
If you want to make your Safeway sugar cookies extra special, try these tips:
1. Use room temperature butter: Make sure your butter is at room temperature before you start making the dough. This will make it easier to cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Chill the dough: If your dough is too soft, it will spread out too much when you bake it. To prevent this, chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before rolling it into balls.
3. Don’t overmix the dough: Overmixing the dough can result in tough cookies. Mix the dough until it’s just combined.
4. Use parchment paper: Using parchment paper will prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet and make clean-up a breeze.
With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make the perfect batch of Safeway sugar cookies every time. Enjoy!