Welcome to our recipe article for Sam’s Club Mediterranean Pasta Salad! We are excited to share this delicious and healthy recipe with you. This salad is perfect for a summer barbecue or a quick lunch. It’s packed with vegetables, protein, and flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be prepared in advance. So, let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 pound of pasta (we recommend fusilli or farfalle)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
List of Instructions
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, chickpeas, bell peppers, cucumber, red onion, olives, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of pasta?
- Q: Can I use a different type of cheese?
- Q: How long can I store the pasta salad?
- Q: Can I add other vegetables?
- Q: Is this recipe gluten-free?
- Q: Can I make this recipe vegan?
- Q: Can I add meat to this recipe?
- Q: Can I make this recipe spicy?
- Q: Can I use a different type of vinegar?
- Q: Can I serve this pasta salad warm?
A: Yes! You can use any type of pasta you like. Just make sure to cook it according to the package instructions.
A: Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer. Feta cheese is a traditional Mediterranean cheese, but you can substitute it with any other cheese you like.
A: You can store the pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
A: Of course! Feel free to add other vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, or roasted eggplant.
A: No, this recipe is not gluten-free since it contains wheat pasta. However, you can use gluten-free pasta if you prefer.
A: Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by omitting the feta cheese or substituting it with vegan cheese.
A: Yes, you can add grilled chicken or shrimp to this recipe for extra protein.
A: Yes, you can add red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce to the dressing for a spicy kick.
A: Yes, you can use balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar instead of red wine vinegar.
A: Yes, you can serve this pasta salad warm or at room temperature if you prefer.
If you want to add more protein to this salad, you can add grilled chicken or shrimp. Just marinate the chicken or shrimp in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano before grilling.
If you’re serving this salad at a party, you can make it in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Just give it a good stir before serving.
If you don’t like olives, you can omit them from the recipe or substitute them with capers or sun-dried tomatoes.