Welcome to my article about making Sun Maid Raisin Bread! As a baking enthusiast, I always love to explore new recipes and share them with others. This recipe is perfect for those who love the sweet and juicy taste of raisins in their bread. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to make your very own Sun Maid Raisin Bread.
List of Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Sun-Maid raisins
List of Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Add the warm milk, melted butter, and egg. Mix ingredients until dough forms.
- Add the raisins into the dough and knead for about 5 minutes until the raisins are evenly distributed.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a damp cloth. Let it rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf. Place the dough in a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
|Nutrition Facts||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
- Q: Can I use a bread machine to make this recipe?
- Q: Can I use other types of dried fruit instead of raisins?
- Q: Can I freeze the bread?
- Q: How long does the bread last?
A: Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour. However, the texture and taste of the bread may be different.
A: Yes, you can use a bread machine to make this recipe. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the dough setting and add the raisins at the appropriate time.
A: Yes, you can use other types of dried fruit such as cranberries or chopped apricots.
A: Yes, you can freeze the bread for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag.
A: The bread can last up to 5 days at room temperature if stored properly in an airtight container or plastic bag.
Here are some tips to make the perfect Sun Maid Raisin Bread:
- Make sure the milk is warm, but not too hot. If the milk is too hot, it can kill the yeast and the bread won’t rise.
- Knead the dough for at least 5 minutes to activate the gluten and make the bread rise properly.
- Let the bread cool before slicing it. This will prevent the bread from crumbling and falling apart.