As a food enthusiast, I always love to experiment with different recipes. Today, I want to share with you my personal favorite – the Swanson Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. This recipe is easy to follow and perfect for those who love a hearty and savory soup.
List of Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 oz.) Swanson Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed tortilla chips
List of Instructions
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in both cans of tomatoes, chicken broth, chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans, corn and cilantro. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with cheese and tortilla chips.
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use fresh chicken instead of canned?
- A: Yes, you can use cooked and shredded chicken breast instead of canned chicken.
- Q: Can I freeze the soup?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it completely before reheating.
- Q: Can I use beef broth instead of chicken broth?
- A: Yes, you can substitute beef broth for chicken broth if you prefer.
- Q: Can I add more spices?
- A: Yes, feel free to adjust the spices to your liking.
- Q: Can I add avocado to the soup?
- A: Yes, adding sliced avocado as a garnish is a great addition to the soup.
- Q: Can I use frozen corn?
- A: Yes, you can use frozen corn instead of canned.
- Q: Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
- A: Yes, you can substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth if you prefer a vegetarian option.
- Q: Can I use different types of beans?
- A: Yes, you can use different types of beans such as pinto or kidney beans.
If you want to make the soup spicier, you can add a chopped jalapeno or serrano pepper to the onion and garlic mixture. You can also garnish the soup with additional toppings such as sour cream or sliced green onions.
For a thicker soup, you can puree a portion of the soup in a blender and add it back to the pot.
The soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.