Hello food lovers! Today, I want to share a recipe that I’ve been obsessed with, the Taco Bell rice recipe. This recipe is perfect for those who love Mexican food and want to recreate it at home. It’s easy and delicious, and you can customize it to your liking. So, without further ado, let’s get cooking!
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots (optional)
List of Instructions
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the rice, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the rice is lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, and frozen peas and carrots (if using) to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
- A: Yes, you can use brown rice instead of white rice, but you may need to adjust the cooking time and the amount of liquid used.
- Q: Can I add more vegetables to the recipe?
- A: Absolutely! You can add any vegetables you like, such as bell peppers, corn, or diced tomatoes.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve.
- Q: Can I freeze this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container.
- Q: Is this recipe vegan?
- A: Yes, this recipe is vegan as long as you use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Q: Can I add meat to this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can add cooked chicken or beef to this recipe if you’d like.
- Q: Can I make this recipe in a rice cooker?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe in a rice cooker. Just follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking rice.
- Q: Can I use chicken broth instead of water?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken broth instead of water for a richer flavor.
- Q: Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs, but you may need to use more of them to get the same flavor.
If you want to add some heat to this recipe, you can add a diced jalapeño or some red pepper flakes. You can also add some shredded cheese on top for a cheesy twist.
This recipe is great for meal prep. You can make a big batch at the beginning of the week and use it as a base for different meals throughout the week. You can add some black beans and avocado for a burrito bowl, or some ground beef and taco seasoning for a taco salad.
If you don’t have tomato sauce on hand, you can use salsa or diced tomatoes instead. You can also add some lime juice and cilantro for a fresh flavor.