Welcome to my article where I will be sharing with you the recipe for the famous TikTok Cinnamon Rolls. These rolls have taken the internet by storm and for good reason! They are soft, fluffy, and have the perfect balance of cinnamon and sugar. This recipe is easy to follow and will have your taste buds singing.
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp of milk
List of Instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, and yeast.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and milk together. Add in the water and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add in the egg and mix until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a towel. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle and spread the filling evenly on top.
- Roll up the dough tightly and cut into 12 even slices.
- Place the slices in a greased baking dish and let them rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake the rolls in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and milk to make the icing.
- Drizzle the icing on top of the cinnamon rolls and serve warm.
- Q: Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
- Q: Can I make these cinnamon rolls ahead of time?
- Q: Can I freeze these cinnamon rolls?
- Q: Can I make these cinnamon rolls without the icing?
- Q: Can I make these cinnamon rolls without a stand mixer?
A: Yes, you can use instant yeast, but you will need to adjust the amount. Use 2 tsp of instant yeast instead of 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
A: Yes, you can make the rolls ahead of time and store them in the fridge overnight. When you are ready to bake them, let them come to room temperature and rise for 30 minutes before baking.
A: Yes, you can freeze the rolls before or after baking them. If you freeze them before baking, let them thaw and rise for 30 minutes before baking. If you freeze them after baking, let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the freezer.
A: Yes, you can skip the icing if you prefer. The rolls will still taste delicious!
A: Yes, you can make the dough by hand. It will take a bit more effort but it is definitely doable!
For the best results, make sure to:
- Use room temperature milk and butter to help the yeast activate.
- Roll the dough tightly to prevent the filling from leaking out.
- Let the rolls rise in a warm, draft-free area for the full 30 minutes.
These cinnamon rolls are perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch with family and friends. They are sure to impress! Enjoy!