Greetings! As someone who suffers from ulcerative colitis, I know how difficult it can be to find tasty meals that won’t trigger a flare-up. That’s why I want to share with you my favorite ulcerative colitis-friendly pizza recipe. It’s delicious, easy to make, and won’t cause any digestive distress. Let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 gluten-free pizza crust
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
List of Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Brush the pizza crust with olive oil.
- Spread tomato sauce over the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Top with turkey sausage, black olives, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the pizza.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Can I use a different type of crust? Yes, you can use any type of crust that works for your dietary needs. Just make sure it’s gluten-free if you have celiac disease or a gluten sensitivity.
- Can I use different toppings? Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile, so feel free to experiment with different toppings that work for you.
- Can I make this recipe vegan? Yes, simply omit the turkey sausage and cheese and use vegan-friendly substitutes instead.
- How long does it take to make? This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook.
- Can I freeze the leftovers? Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Is this recipe spicy? No, this recipe is not spicy. However, if you like a little heat, you can add some red pepper flakes to the pizza.
- How many servings does this recipe make? This recipe makes 2-3 servings.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the pizza ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it.
- What type of bell peppers should I use? You can use any color of bell pepper that you prefer. I like to use a mix of red, green, and yellow for extra color and flavor.
- Can I use pre-cooked sausage? Yes, you can use pre-cooked sausage if you prefer. Just make sure it’s cooked thoroughly before adding it to the pizza.
If you’re looking to make this recipe even healthier, you can swap out the turkey sausage for chicken or veggie sausage. You can also add more veggies, such as spinach or zucchini, for extra nutrients. And if you’re short on time, you can use store-bought tomato sauce instead of making your own.
To make sure the crust is crispy and not soggy, you can pre-bake it for a few minutes before adding the toppings. And if you’re having trouble spreading the tomato sauce, you can thin it out with a little water or chicken broth.
Finally, don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings! This recipe is very customizable, so feel free to add your favorite ingredients and make it your own. Enjoy!