Welcome to our collection of Wegmans Soup Recipes! Here at Wegmans, we believe that soup is the ultimate comfort food. It’s a delicious and easy way to add more veggies, protein, and fiber to your diet. Plus, it’s perfect for meal prep – you can make a big batch on Sunday and enjoy it all week long. In this article, we’ve compiled some of our favorite soup recipes, along with helpful tips and nutrition information. We hope you enjoy!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked chicken and egg noodles and cook until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
|Nutrition||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use rotisserie chicken instead of cooking my own?
- A: Yes, that’s a great time-saving option!
- Q: Can I use a different type of noodle?
- A: Absolutely – try using whole wheat noodles or even rice noodles for a different twist.
- Q: Can I freeze this soup?
- A: Yes, it will freeze well for up to 3 months. Just be sure to let it cool completely before freezing.
- Q: Can I make this soup in a slow cooker?
- A: Yes, you can add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Q: Can I add other veggies to this soup?
- A: Definitely – try adding some chopped kale or spinach for extra nutrition.
- Q: Is this soup gluten-free?
- A: No, but you can easily make it gluten-free by using gluten-free noodles.
- Q: Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
- A: Yes, that’s a great option if you’re vegetarian or vegan.
- Q: Can I use canned chicken instead of shredded chicken?
- A: Yes, that’s another convenient option.
- Q: Can I add some hot sauce or other spices?
- A: Definitely – experiment with different spices to find your favorite flavor combination.
If you want to make this soup even healthier, try using bone broth instead of chicken broth. Bone broth is rich in collagen, which can help support your joints, skin, and gut health. You can also add some turmeric or ginger for extra anti-inflammatory benefits. And if you’re short on time, you can use pre-chopped veggies from the salad bar or frozen veggies – just be sure to thaw them first.