Welcome to our yellow pea pasta recipe article. Here, we will share with you a delicious and healthy pasta recipe that you can easily make at home. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a plant-based and gluten-free option for their pasta dish. With simple ingredients and easy steps, you can have a tasty and nutritious meal in no time. So, let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 8 oz gluten-free pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
List of Instructions
- Rinse the yellow split peas and soak them in water for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain the peas and set them aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and set it aside.
- In a pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the yellow split peas, vegetable broth, oregano, and basil.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the peas are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot and stir until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Q: Is this recipe vegan?
- Q: Can I use other types of pasta?
- Q: Can I use canned yellow split peas?
- Q: Can I freeze the leftover pasta?
- Q: How long does this recipe take to make?
A: Yes, this recipe is vegan as it does not contain any animal products.
A: Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer. Just make sure it’s gluten-free if you want to keep the recipe gluten-free.
A: Yes, you can use canned yellow split peas if you don’t have the time to soak and cook the dry ones. Just make sure to drain and rinse them before using.
A: Yes, you can freeze the leftover pasta in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Just reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop when you’re ready to eat.
A: This recipe takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to make, including the soaking time for the yellow split peas.
1. You can add some chopped vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, or zucchini to the pasta for extra nutrition and flavor.
2. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender or a food processor to blend the mixture. Just be careful as it will be hot.
3. You can garnish the pasta with some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or basil for a pop of color and freshness.
That’s it for our yellow pea pasta recipe article. We hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious and healthy pasta dish. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family!