During the holiday season, we all look for easy and delicious recipes to make for our family and friends. Jello is always a crowd-pleaser, and this holiday jello recipe is sure to impress. It’s simple to make, and the festive colors will add a touch of holiday cheer to any table. In this article, we will provide you with a detailed list of ingredients, instructions, nutrition table, FAQs, and tips to make this recipe a success.
- 2 boxes of red jello
- 2 boxes of green jello
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1 container of Cool Whip
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup of cold water
- Dissolve one box of red jello in 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Add 1/2 cup of cold water and stir well.
- Add 1/2 can of crushed pineapple and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch dish and refrigerate until set (about 1 hour).
- Repeat steps 1-4 with the green jello.
- Once the green jello has set, spread a layer of Cool Whip on top.
- Repeat with the red jello.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use different flavors of jello?
- A: Yes, you can use any flavors you like.
- Q: Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?
- A: Yes, but make sure to drain the excess juice before adding it to the jello mixture.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make it up to 24 hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
- Q: Can I use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
- A: Yes, you can use whipped cream instead, but it may not hold up as well.
- Q: Can I add other fruits to the jello?
- A: Yes, you can add any fruits you like, but make sure to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe accordingly.
- Q: Can I use a different size dish?
- A: Yes, you can use any size dish you like, but the layers may be thinner or thicker depending on the size.
- Q: Can I make this recipe vegan?
- A: Yes, you can use vegan jello and whipped cream substitutes to make this recipe vegan.
- Q: Can I make half the recipe?
- A: Yes, you can halve the ingredients to make a smaller batch.
If you want to make this recipe even more festive, you can use holiday-themed molds instead of a dish. You can also add sprinkles or other decorations on top of the Cool Whip layer. Make sure to let each layer set completely before adding the next one to prevent mixing of the colors. When adding the pineapple, make sure to drain the excess juice to prevent the jello from becoming too liquidy. Finally, make sure to refrigerate the jello for at least 2 hours before serving to allow it to set properly.