Welcome to our collection of mouth-watering recipes from Oprah Magazine. We have curated the best recipes for you to try at home and impress your loved ones with your culinary skills. From hearty soups to decadent desserts, we have something for every taste bud.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup egg noodles
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add chicken broth and chicken breast.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken breast, shred it and add it back to the pot.
- Add egg noodles and let cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley for garnish.
|Nutrition||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast?
A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs or chicken legs for this recipe.
- Q: Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
A: Yes, you can use vegetable broth if you prefer a vegetarian option.
- Q: Can I use other types of pasta instead of egg noodles?
A: Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like.
- Q: Can I freeze the soup?
A: Yes, you can freeze the soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Q: Can I add other vegetables to the soup?
A: Yes, you can add any vegetables you like, such as peas or corn.
- Q: Can I use canned chicken instead of fresh chicken breast?
A: Yes, you can use canned chicken, but the flavor will not be as rich.
- Q: Can I use a slow cooker for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Q: Can I add herbs to the soup?
A: Yes, you can add herbs such as thyme or rosemary for extra flavor.
- Q: Can I use pre-cooked chicken?
A: Yes, you can use pre-cooked chicken, but add it in at the end to prevent it from drying out.
- Q: Can I use rice instead of egg noodles?
A: Yes, you can use rice instead of egg noodles, but adjust the cooking time accordingly.
1. Use homemade chicken broth for extra flavor.
2. Cook the vegetables until they are soft to enhance the flavor of the soup.
3. Shred the chicken instead of chopping it for a more tender texture.