Welcome to my article about the bleach bath recipe for hair by Brad Mondo. As a professional hairstylist, Brad Mondo has shared many tips and tricks on how to achieve the perfect hair. One of his popular recommendations is the bleach bath recipe, which is a gentle way to lighten hair without causing too much damage. In this article, I will share the step-by-step instructions on how to make and use the bleach bath recipe, as well as some tips and FAQs to help you achieve the best results.
List of Ingredients
- Bleach Powder
- Measuring Cup
- Mixing Brush
List of Instructions
- Put on gloves to protect your hands from the bleach.
- Mix the bleach powder and developer in a bowl according to the instructions on the package. Use a measuring cup and mixing brush to ensure the right proportion.
- Add a small amount of shampoo to the mixture. This will help the bleach spread evenly and prevent it from drying out your hair.
- Wet your hair thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply the bleach mixture to your hair, starting from the ends and working your way up to the roots. Use the mixing brush to spread the mixture evenly and avoid clumps.
- Leave the bleach on for 10-20 minutes, depending on how light you want your hair to be. Keep an eye on your hair during the process to avoid over-bleaching.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water, until the water runs clear.
- Apply a generous amount of conditioner to your hair, and leave it on for a few minutes to hydrate and nourish your hair.
- Rinse your hair again with warm water, and style as usual.
|Amount per serving
- Is bleach bath safe for hair? Bleach bath is a relatively safe way to lighten hair, as long as you follow the instructions carefully and use the right proportion of bleach and developer. However, bleach can still cause damage to your hair, so it’s important to use a good conditioner and avoid over-bleaching.
- Can bleach bath be used on all hair types? Bleach bath can be used on most hair types, but it’s best to do a strand test first to see how your hair reacts to the bleach. If your hair is already damaged or fragile, it’s best to avoid bleach bath altogether.
- How often can you do bleach bath? It’s not recommended to do bleach bath too often, as it can damage your hair. It’s best to wait at least 4-6 weeks between each bleach bath, and use a good deep conditioner to help your hair recover.
- Can I use regular shampoo for bleach bath? Yes, you can use regular shampoo for bleach bath, but it’s best to use a gentle shampoo that doesn’t contain sulfates or other harsh chemicals. This will help maintain the health of your hair and prevent further damage.
- Can I apply bleach bath to my scalp? It’s not recommended to apply bleach bath directly to your scalp, as it can cause burns and irritation. Instead, focus on applying the mixture to the ends and mid-length of your hair, and avoid getting it on your scalp.
Here are some tips to help you achieve the best results with bleach bath:
1. Protect your hair. Before applying bleach bath, it’s important to protect your hair from further damage. This means using a good conditioner, avoiding heat styling tools, and minimizing exposure to sunlight and chlorine.
2. Do a strand test. Before applying bleach bath to your entire head, it’s best to do a strand test first to see how your hair reacts to the bleach. This will help you adjust the amount of bleach and developer according to your hair type and condition.
3. Use the right proportion. It’s important to use the right proportion of bleach and developer, as too much bleach can cause damage to your hair. Follow the instructions on the package carefully, and use a measuring cup and mixing brush to ensure the right proportion.