Welcome to my article about cookies and cream cupcake recipes. As a baking enthusiast, I’ve always loved experimenting with different flavors and textures. Cookies and cream is one of my personal favorites, and I’ve come up with a recipe that I think you’ll love too. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro at baking, these cupcakes are easy to make and sure to impress your friends and family.
List of Ingredients
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies (about 10-12 cookies)
List of Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cupcake liner about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes with your favorite frosting and top with additional crushed Oreo cookies if desired.
|Nutrition||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of cookie?
- A: Yes, feel free to experiment with different types of cookies. However, keep in mind that it may change the texture and flavor of the cupcakes.
- Q: Can I use a different type of milk?
- A: Yes, any type of milk will work. Just make sure it’s at room temperature so it doesn’t affect the texture of the cupcakes.
- Q: How should I store the cupcakes?
- A: Store the cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Q: Can I freeze the cupcakes?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the cupcakes for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container.
- Q: How can I make the frosting?
- A: There are many different frosting recipes out there, but a simple buttercream or cream cheese frosting would be a great complement to these cupcakes.
- Q: Can I make these cupcakes without eggs?
- A: Yes, you can substitute the eggs with 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce or 1/4 cup of silken tofu.
- Q: How can I make the cupcakes gluten-free?
- A: You can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour.
- Q: Can I make mini cupcakes instead of regular-sized cupcakes?
- A: Yes, just adjust the baking time accordingly. Mini cupcakes will take about 10-12 minutes to bake.
- Q: Can I add more crushed cookies to the batter?
- A: Yes, you can add more or less crushed cookies depending on your preference.
- Q: Can I use a different type of frosting?
- A: Yes, feel free to use your favorite frosting recipe or store-bought frosting.
Here are some tips to help you make the best cookies and cream cupcakes:
1. Use room temperature ingredients. This will ensure that the ingredients combine easily and result in a smooth batter.
2. Crush the cookies finely. You want the cookies to be evenly distributed throughout the batter, so make sure to crush them finely.
3. Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to tough and dense cupcakes. Mix until just combined.