Greetings, fellow foodies! Today, I am excited to share with you my version of the famous Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Dressing recipe. As a lover of salads and all things creamy, this recipe has become a staple in my kitchen. So, if you’re ready to elevate your salad game, let’s get started!
List of Ingredient
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
List of Instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, and sour cream until smooth.
- Add Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill weed, salt, and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Give the dressing a quick stir before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||Calories||120|
- Q: Can I use low-fat mayonnaise for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use low-fat mayonnaise if you prefer, but the dressing may not be as creamy.
- Q: Can I make this dressing ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make this dressing up to 3 days in advance. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Q: Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh herbs if you have them on hand. Just keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different.
- Q: Can I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream?
- A: Yes, you can use Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream.
- Q: Can I use a blender to make this dressing?
- A: Yes, you can use a blender or food processor to make this dressing if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Q: How long does this dressing last in the refrigerator?
- A: This dressing can last up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Q: Can I freeze this dressing?
- A: It is not recommended to freeze this dressing as the texture may be altered.
- Q: What can I use this dressing for besides salads?
- A: This dressing can also be used as a dip for vegetables, chicken wings, or as a spread for sandwiches.
If you’re looking to switch up the flavor of this dressing, try adding some of these ingredients:
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
When whisking the ingredients together, be sure to use a bowl that is large enough to prevent spills. You can also use a whisk attachment on a hand mixer or stand mixer to make this process easier.
For a thicker dressing, reduce the amount of buttermilk by 1/4 cup. For a thinner dressing, add more buttermilk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Be sure to taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning to your liking. If you prefer a stronger garlic or onion flavor, feel free to add more powder. And if you’re a fan of spice, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper!