Welcome to this article where I will be sharing with you a delicious recipe for an Oreo ice cream sandwich cake. This cake is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday, a family gathering or just a sweet treat for yourself. It’s easy to make and will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. So, let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 box of Oreo cookies
- 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of hot fudge sauce
- 1/2 cup of caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
List of Instructions
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it soften for about 10 minutes.
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor or by placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Spread half of the crushed Oreo cookies on the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Spread the softened ice cream on top of the Oreo cookie layer.
- Drizzle the hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce on top of the ice cream.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreo cookies, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts on top.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before cutting into squares.
|Amount per serving
- Q: Can I use a different type of ice cream?
- Q: Can I use store-bought fudge and caramel sauce?
- Q: How long can I keep the cake in the freezer?
- Q: Can I add more toppings?
- Q: Can I make this cake ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can use any flavor of ice cream that you like. Just make sure it’s softened enough to spread easily.
A: Yes, you can use store-bought sauce if you don’t have homemade sauce. Just make sure the sauce is warm or at room temperature before drizzling on top of the ice cream.
A: You can keep the cake in the freezer for up to 1 week. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
A: Yes, you can add any toppings you like such as whipped cream, sprinkles, or more chopped nuts.
A: Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and store it in the freezer until ready to serve.
If you want to make this cake even easier, you can use pre-made cookie crumbs instead of crushing your own Oreo cookies. You can also use a different type of cookie instead of Oreo cookies if you prefer.
If you don’t have a 9×13 inch pan, you can use a round cake pan or a square baking dish. Just make sure it’s big enough to hold all the ingredients.
When drizzling the fudge and caramel sauce on top of the ice cream, you can use a spoon or a squeeze bottle for more precision.