Welcome to my article about recipes with powdered sugar. In this article, I will share with you some delicious recipes that use powdered sugar as one of their main ingredients. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cook, these recipes are easy to follow and will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. So, let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
List of Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt, then mix again.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk, and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the dough onto a baking sheet and flatten the dough with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
- Q: Can I replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour?
- Q: Can I add chocolate chips or nuts to the recipe?
- Q: How long can I store the cookies?
- Q: Can I freeze the dough?
A: Yes, you can use salted butter, but you may want to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe to compensate for the added salt in the butter.
A: Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour, but the texture and taste of the cookies may differ from the original recipe.
A: Yes, you can add chocolate chips, nuts, or any other mix-ins to the dough before baking.
A: The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
A: Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, let the dough thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect cookies:
1. Soften the butter: Make sure the butter is at room temperature before creaming it with the powdered sugar. This will ensure the cookies have a soft texture.
2. Sift the dry ingredients: Sifting the flour, baking powder, and baking soda will remove any lumps and ensure the dry ingredients are evenly distributed in the dough.
3. Don’t overmix: Overmixing the dough can result in tough cookies. Mix the dough until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
With these tips and the recipe above, you’re sure to make delicious cookies that everyone will love!