Welcome to my article about the famous Tombstone Pizza Sauce. I am a food enthusiast and I have always been fascinated by the unique taste of this sauce. I decided to make this article to share the recipe with those who are curious about how to make it at home. This recipe is simple and easy to follow, and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
List of Ingredients
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
List of Instructions
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the salt, sugar, basil, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool before using it on your pizza.
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: How long does it take to make the Tombstone Pizza Sauce?
- A: It takes about 25 minutes to make the sauce.
- Q: Can I substitute fresh tomatoes for canned tomatoes?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes. However, you will need to peel and dice them before using them in the recipe.
- Q: Can I store the sauce in the fridge?
- A: Yes, you can keep the sauce in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
- Q: Can I freeze the sauce?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the sauce in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Q: Can I adjust the seasoning to my liking?
- A: Yes, you can adjust the seasoning to your liking. You can add more or less salt, sugar, or herbs according to your taste.
- Q: Can I use this sauce for other dishes?
- A: Yes, you can use this sauce for pasta dishes or as a dipping sauce for breadsticks.
If you want to make the sauce spicier, you can add some red pepper flakes.
If you want to make the sauce sweeter, you can add more sugar.
For a smoother sauce, you can blend the ingredients in a blender or food processor before cooking.
Experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique sauce.