Greetings foodies! Today, I want to share with you a recipe that is perfect for your holiday gatherings or any special occasions. This recipe is all about Snake River Farms Ham! This ham is known for its high-quality meat and delicious taste. So, let’s get started on this mouth-watering recipe.
List of Ingredients
- 1 Snake River Farms Ham
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
List of Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove the ham from the packaging and place it in a roasting pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a smooth consistency.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the ham with the mixture generously.
- Cover the ham with foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and baste the ham with the glaze.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the ham is golden brown.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Nutrition Facts||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of ham for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of ham for this recipe. However, we highly recommend using Snake River Farms Ham for its quality and taste.
- Q: Can I make the glaze in advance?
- A: Yes, you can make the glaze a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
- Q: Can I use the leftover glaze for other dishes?
- A: Absolutely! This glaze is perfect for pork chops, chicken, and even salmon.
- Q: How do I know if the ham is cooked?
- A: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the ham. It should read 140°F.
- Q: Can I use a slow cooker for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use a slow cooker for this recipe. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Q: Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh herbs. Just double the amount of dried herbs called for in the recipe.
- Q: Can I use maple syrup instead of honey?
- A: Yes, you can use maple syrup instead of honey for a different flavor.
- Q: How long can I store the leftover ham?
- A: Store the leftover ham in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftover ham?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftover ham for up to 2 months.
If you want a crispier and caramelized glaze, broil the ham for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Make sure to let the ham rest for 15 minutes before slicing it. This will allow the juices to redistribute, resulting in a tender and juicy ham.
Don’t throw away the leftover ham bone! Use it to make a delicious soup or broth.