Welcome to our fortified formula recipe article. As a parent, you want to make sure your little one is getting all the nutrients they need to grow healthy and strong. This recipe will provide your baby with the necessary vitamins and minerals they need for optimal development. Plus, it’s easy to make and much more cost-effective than store-bought formula. Let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon fish oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon probiotics powder
- 1/8 teaspoon vitamin K2 powder
List of Instructions
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer to a sterilized glass bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Shake well before each use and warm up before feeding.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- What is fortified formula?
Fortified formula is a formula that has additional vitamins and minerals added to it to ensure that babies get all the nutrients they need.
- Can I substitute any ingredients?
It’s not recommended to substitute any ingredients as they all play a role in providing the necessary nutrients.
- Can I store the formula for longer than 3 days?
It’s not recommended to store the formula for longer than 3 days as it may spoil and lose its nutritional value.
- Can I give this formula to my toddler?
This formula is specifically designed for babies and may not provide enough nutrients for a growing toddler.
- What are the benefits of making my own formula?
Making your own formula can be more cost-effective and allows you to control the ingredients and nutrients your baby is consuming.
- Is it safe to give my baby probiotics?
It’s recommended to consult with your pediatrician before giving your baby any supplements, including probiotics.
- What is blackstrap molasses?
Blackstrap molasses is a byproduct of sugar production that contains vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- What is vitamin K2?
Vitamin K2 is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps with blood clotting and bone health.
- Can I use almond milk instead of whole milk?
It’s not recommended to use almond milk as it doesn’t provide enough nutrients for babies.
- What is nutritional yeast?
Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast that is high in protein, fiber, and vitamins such as B12.
1. Use organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible to ensure the highest quality and purity of the formula.
2. Use a sterilized glass bottle to store the formula to avoid any potential chemical leaching from plastic bottles.
3. Always consult with your pediatrician before making any changes to your baby’s diet, including switching to homemade formula.