Welcome to my article about the Goode Pecan Pie recipe. As a food enthusiast, I am always on the lookout for delicious and easy-to-make recipes. This recipe is one of my favorites, and I am excited to share it with you. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, and it is sure to impress your friends and family!
List of Ingredients
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
List of Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in pecans and pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Let cool before serving.
|Nutrition||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use dark corn syrup instead of light corn syrup?
- A: Yes, you can use dark corn syrup, but it will result in a slightly different flavor and color.
- Q: Can I use a store-bought pie crust?
- A: Yes, you can use a store-bought pie crust, but a homemade crust will result in a better flavor.
- Q: Can I add chocolate chips to the pecan pie?
- A: Yes, you can add chocolate chips to the pecan pie for a delicious twist.
- Q: Can I freeze the pecan pie?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the pecan pie for up to two months.
- Q: Can I use margarine instead of butter?
- A: Yes, you can use margarine instead of butter, but the flavor will be slightly different.
- Q: Can I use a different type of nuts?
- A: Yes, you can use a different type of nuts, but pecans are the traditional choice.
- Q: Do I need to toast the pecans?
- A: No, you do not need to toast the pecans, but it will result in a richer flavor.
- Q: Can I use maple syrup instead of corn syrup?
- A: Yes, you can use maple syrup, but it will result in a different flavor.
- Q: How long will the pecan pie last?
- A: The pecan pie will last for up to four days in the refrigerator.
If you are looking to make the perfect pecan pie, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Use fresh ingredients: Make sure that all of your ingredients are fresh for the best flavor.
2. Chill the dough: Chill the pie dough before using it to prevent shrinkage during baking.
3. Don’t overmix the filling: Overmixing the filling can result in a tough pie.
4. Use a pie shield: Use a pie shield or cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent them from burning.
5. Let the pie cool: Let the pie cool completely before cutting to prevent it from falling apart.
By following these tips and using the best ingredients, you can make the perfect pecan pie every time!