Welcome to our article about the original Bacardi rum cake recipes. This famous cake is a perfect dessert for any occasion. It is moist, flavorful, and has a lovely rum aroma. If you are a fan of rum and cake, then this recipe is for you. We have gathered the best recipes and tips to make sure you can bake the perfect Bacardi rum cake. So, let’s get started!
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum
List of Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and rum.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Prepare the glaze while the cake is baking:
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add water and sugar, and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in rum.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Use a skewer to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the glaze over the cake, and let it soak in for at least 30 minutes before serving.
|Nutrition Facts||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use light rum instead of dark rum?
- A: Yes, you can. However, dark rum will give the cake a richer flavor.
- Q: Can I make the cake in advance?
- A: Yes, you can. The cake will taste even better the next day.
- Q: Can I add raisins or other fruits to the cake?
- A: Yes, you can. You can add 1 cup of raisins or chopped dried fruits to the batter.
- Q: Can I use a different type of pan?
- A: Yes, you can. However, the baking time may vary depending on the type of pan you use.
- Q: Can I freeze the cake?
- A: Yes, you can. Wrap the cake tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
- Q: Can I reduce the amount of sugar in the glaze?
- A: Yes, you can. However, the glaze may not be as thick and sweet.
- Q: Can I use a different type of nuts?
- A: Yes, you can. You can use walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts instead of pecans.
- Q: Can I make a non-alcoholic version of the cake?
- A: Yes, you can. Replace the rum with 1/2 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Q: Can I use a different type of cake mix?
- A: Yes, you can. You can use white cake mix or chocolate cake mix instead of yellow cake mix.
If you want to make the perfect Bacardi rum cake, here are some tips:
1. Use a good quality rum. Bacardi dark rum is recommended for this recipe, but you can use your favorite brand.
2. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them. This will ensure that they blend well together.
3. Don’t overmix the batter. Mix it just until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Grease and flour the pan well to prevent the cake from sticking.
5. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it. This will prevent the cake from breaking apart.
6. Poke holes all over the top of the cake before pouring the glaze. This will allow the glaze to soak in and make the cake extra moist.
7. Let the cake cool completely before serving. This will allow the glaze to set and the flavors to develop.
We hope that these tips and recipes will help you make the perfect Bacardi rum cake. Enjoy!